The content in this post may or may not contain affiliate links. For more information, see my Affiliate Info page.
Growing up in New Orleans, I was exposed to delicious food at a young age. New Orleans is known for its southern cuisine, especially seafood and pasta dishes.
When I’m dining out, it is always a pleasure to see Mardi Gras Pasta on the menu. Mardi Gras Pasta is a New Orleans-style pasta dish filled with andouille sausage, shrimp, garlic, peppers and cajun spices. Think of it as a Cajun take on fettuccine alfredo.
I find andouille sausage to be the MVP in Mardi Gras Pasta. It is the key ingredient to determine just how spicy you want your pasta. Spice levels vary between brands, so be sure to inspect the label before making your selection.
The Cajun seasoning used in this dish is also a contributing factor to spice, but shouldn’t be overwhelming. Wanna kick it up a notch? Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper for some extra heat.
There’s no shortage of amazing New Orleans cuisine and I find Mardi Gras Pasta to be among my favorites. It’s creamy, buttery, rich, spicy and satisfying.
This recipe is relatively easy to make and should take no more than 20 minutes, start to finish. Enjoy!
|Cook Time:||10 min|
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Total Time:||20 min|
|Category:||Dinner, Main Dish|
2. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the shrimp and then set them aside.
3. Make the sauce in the same pan you cooked the shrimp in by first cooking the sausage and veggies in butter, then adding the garlic and tomatoes, followed by the heavy cream. Once the mixture thickens some, add the remaining ingredients.
4. Remove from heat and toss the fettuccine and shrimp with the sauce. So simple!
5. In this dish, the amount of spice will depend mainly on your andouille sausage spice level.
6. The spiciness of the sausage can vary greatly between different brands. There is also a bit of heat from the Cajun seasoning.
7. To make it spicier, just add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
* 8 tbsp butter (divided)
* 1 lb medium to large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
* 1/2 tsp paprika
* 4 green onions (sliced)
* 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
* 1/4 cup diced green pepper
* 1 cup sliced mushrooms
* 12 oz andouille sausage (sliced)
* 4 garlic cloves (minced)
* 1/2 cup diced tomato
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 tsp lemon juice
* 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
* salt and pepper