The content in this post may or may not contain affiliate links. For more information, see my Affiliate Info page.
Polyester is a breathable and stretchy fabric, which makes it great for sports and athletic wear. White polyester can make your golf shirts and sportswear stand out on the field or at night time when you need visibility to be seen by other drivers in traffic – but after many uses (especially if they involve wet activities), this type of clothing will start showing signs that were never there before: yellowing from sun exposure; dirt stains from sports that have gone too far into adrenaline-soaked territory, etc. In short, while white shirts do have their perks, they get dirty very easily. That’s why I am here to explain how to further whiten your white polyester golf shirts as well as any white shirt. Read on for some great info on how to keep your white shirts looking extra bright and clean.
Washing white polyester clothes is easy with a few extra steps when you wash them. Polyester fibers are durable, but they do have some disadvantages that can cause problems for owners of clothing made from this material- one being how quickly it stains or loses its color after exposure to dirt and sweat.
- You can create this natural remedy by mixing together two parts warm water with one part baking soda. To start, simply stir and add more of either until you reach the desired consistency.
- To remove stubborn stains, dip a toothbrush into the paste and then gently brush it onto any dirty areas of white fabric. Make sure you apply this treatment to both sides of the fabric.
- Allow the baking soda paste to set into your fabric for an hour before washing. Collect all garments and wash them as directed with whatever detergent you usually use and warm water, but be sure to check what type of fibers the shirt is made of because different cleaning techniques may have specific care instructions on the tags.
- Pour a half-cup of distilled white vinegar into the washer when it begins the rinse cycle. The solution will help remove stains while freshening and whitening clothes for you. For larger loads, add an extra ½ cup in the washer.
- If you like to keep your clothes looking as good as new, then be sure and remove any stains before they set in. If this doesn’t work for whatever reason (maybe there’s not enough time!) just repeat Steps 1 through 4 until all of the dirt is removed!
The polyester golf shirt or similar garment will stay white and fresh with these simple steps. Always wash using white distilled vinegar in the rinse cycle to brighten, or you can use baking soda as soon as possible if it stains. Wash after every use for best results; this way your clothes are always clean without any sweat buildup that could lead to staining on its own accord- no matter how hard we work out, go out on the town or play golf!
One of the most effective ways to keep the white garment looking pristine, especially after washing, is by utilizing sunlight whenever possible. When laid out covered in baking soda paste and left outside with direct exposure to natural light from the sun, it will help remove any remaining stains or marks that may have been made while making the clothing bright white again.
Keeping white polyester sports clothes clean is easy with a few extra steps prior to and while washing them. I hope that my instructions will help you in maintaining super white polyester shirts. Leave a comment below and share your own opinion – I would love to hear it!